(1) The complete amino acid sequence of five light chain variable (V) regions of human monoclonal IgM kappa rheumatoid factors (RF) was determined, and their cross-reactive idiotypes (CRI) were characterized with antibodies induced by immunization with synthetic peptides PSL2 and PSL3, corresponding to the second and third complementarity-determining regions (CDR) of the SIE light chain.
(2) We have expanded upon previous studies showing that HCII can be degraded by stimulated PMN (Sie, P., Dupouy, D., Dol, F., and Boneu, B., Thromb.
(3) In 4 patients with validated SIE, the immunoscan was abnormal, and the echocardiogram was normal.
(4) Amiloride caused a prompt, but reversible, decrease in Isc, PD, and conductance when added to the mucosal sie,dbut only a relatively small reduction of the mucosa to serosa fluxes of Na occurred.
(5) However, Keturah Beyan-sie, a masters student at Cuttington University and a member of the women's forum steering committee, believes more needs to be done.
(6) The sie A gene of the prophage interferes with the changes in the cellular transport process induced by the superinfecting phage.
(7) There is a remarkable difference in the isozyme pattern between cardiac and hepatic glutathione S-transferases in rat (Ishikawa, T., and Sies, H. (1984) FEBS Lett.
(8) Of the 25 randomly chosen patients, SIE levels were inappropriately low in four patients.
(9) The paper presents the incidence rate (3-19.6%) of stress-induced enuresis (SIE) in females.
(10) Serum immunoreactive erythropoietin (SIE) and hemoglobin levels were measured in 152 patients infected with the human immunodeficiency virus.
(11) Pseudaletia separata entomopoxvirus replicated in two lepidopteran cell lines, SIE-MSH-805-F and BM-N.
(12) The data indicate that SIE level is inappropriately low in anemic AIDS patients.
(13) The SIE levels were determined by standard radioimmunoassay, and the results were interpreted relative to erythropoietin levels and hematocrits of 17 aplastic or nutritionally anemic patients who were believed to have a normal erythropoietin response.
(14) The results of the cytological diagnosis in cancer of the right sied of the colon, previously not always favorable, improved markedly after the introduction of the cytological method under direct vision through fibercolonscope.
(15) In every case the 17.109 CRI-positive isolates reacted with antibodies against synthetic peptides corresponding to both the conserved second and third complementarity-determining regions (CDR) of the monoclonal kappa IgM-RF paraprotein Sie.
(16) In SIE, a mixture of D- and L-glucose was injected as a bolus into either the fetal or maternal side of the placenta, uptake curves were obtained and the maximal extraction values Umax were derived.
(17) The survival of patients with PIE (with hospital mortality taken into account) was somewhat higher than that of patients with SIE.
(18) However, even very high levels of SIE fail to stimulate erythropoiesis adequately.
(19) First, 2-pyridyl disulphide structures are introduced into the protein by the reaction of some of its amino groups with the N-hydroxysuccinimide ester sie of the reagent.
(20) As far as the predictivity of SIE is concerned, the "t" test for independent samples showed a statistically significant difference between the group of patients with no signs of ischemia and the group with positive scintiscan (p less than 0.05) and with the three equivalents of ischemia all together (p less than 0.05).
(n.) A colloquial abbreviation of Sister.
(n.) Six. See Sise.
(1) Chromatographic separation revealed that the bulk (85%) of the mitogenic activity in SSV-transformed NRK cells was not due to p28v-sis but rather two distinct endothelial cell growth factors that eluted off heparin-Sepharose between 1 and 2 M NaCl.
(2) To get an insight into the nature of variant Ph translocations and the process of their formation, we examined the localization of the c-abl and c-sis oncogenes and the breakpoint cluster region (bcr) gene by chromosomal in situ hybridization in ten variant Ph translocations of CML including five simple and five complex ones as initially interpreted.
(3) Loss of a c-sis allele (allele I in all cases) was observed in 6 out of 10 tumors from heterozygous patients.
(4) Cells transformed by v-sis produce a platelet-derived growth factor-related molecule which is able to stimulate the platelet-derived growth factor receptor in an autocrine fashion.
(5) The v-sis oncogene of simian sarcoma virus (SSV) is a retroviral version of the PDGF B chain gene and SSV-transformation is mediated by an autocrine PDGF-like growth factor.
(6) Messenger RNA levels for v-sis were induced by tension in intact but not denuded vessels.
(7) In both loci, similar unique genetic sequences were found upstream of the v-sis homologous region and these hybridized to a 4.2 kbp c-sis transcript in human lung tumor cells.
(8) First, we investigated the expression of c-sis protooncogenes within cultured human glioma cell lines and also fresh glioma specimens by using polymerase chain reaction.
(9) The v-sis gene encodes chain B of platelet-derived growth factor.
(10) However, in tissue adjacent to 5 different tumors, approximately the same level of c-sis mRNA was seen.
(11) c-sis mRNA levels diminished with increased time of infection.
(12) For example, platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) has been found in many normal tissues including the CNS, while minor changes in one of its forms (PDGF-B) converts it to the v-sis oncogene, capable of inducing sarcomas and astrocytomas in primates.
(13) SIS SVB was performed to a variety of vessel combinations using "Y" graft, continuous, or vein extension techniques achieving early patency in all limbs, despite pedal arch disease.
(14) Radiolabeled recombinant PDGF (c-sis) dissociated from Heparin-Sepharose within a concentration range of NaCl similar to that of RF I.
(15) increased cell size, reduced growth rate, megakaryocytic antigens, and expression of the sis proto-oncogene, the structural gene for the B-chain of platelet-derived growth factor.
(16) In human malignant mesothelioma cell lines elevated expression of the platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) beta-chain (c-sis) gene was previously reported, while normal mesothelial cells barely express this gene.
(17) The same temporal dissociation was observed when a recombinant v-sis product was used instead of porcine PDGF.
(18) Reduced function of runt results in female-specific lethality and sexual transformation of XX animals that are heterozygous for Sxl or sis loss-of-function mutations.
(19) Several specific related questions are addressed in this discussion: Is the protein encoded by the v-sis gene functionally identical to PDGF?
(20) This suggests that H-ras is less efficient in relieving the insulin requirement than is sis.