(adv.) In that or this place, time, or thing; in that particular or respect.
(1) This paper presents a thermodynamic description of the interaction between divalent protein in solution and monovalent ligand attached to a cell membrane, but freely mobile therein.
(2) These lymphocytes perform the required immunological surveillance of the CNS, and initiate inflammation therein during infectious and autoimmune reactions.
(3) Systolic zone murmurs were recorded in 4.19% of the seafarers, including those with heart defects (1.44%), therein mitral valve insufficiency (0.79%), mitral valve prolapse syndrome (0.39%) and aortal valve stenosis (0.26%).
(4) Based on this linkage, twelve industries are noted to be potentially at high risk due to exposure to neurotoxic chemicals; therein, 18 chemicals are identified as "risk chemicals," primarily used in 8 main groups of products.
(5) The use of both mortality and weight loss data have provided a highly sensitive and reproducible bioassay that can be used to compare relative toxicities of crystals from other subspecies as well as toxic components contained therein.
(6) This is manifested particularly as a substantial amelioration of the severity of the lesions in the brain, and a very marked reduction in the number of fungal units therein.
(7) Permeabilization was selective for plasma membranes, in that high molecular weight probes such as trypan blue or IgG could enter cells, while fluorescent probes previously loaded into lysosomes via endocytosis remained contained therein.
(8) The exposure to doses exceeding 5 cGy impairs the relationship between the nuclear sizes and location therein of the perecentromeric regions of interphase chromosomes which exist in the control and after exposure to 2.5 cGy.
(9) These results suggest that there may be a common mucosal immunologic system, and that repopulation of gut and lung lamina propria may be through the organized lymphoid tissue therein.
(10) The data indicate that 4 crosses the blood-brain barrier to be oxidized by cerebral tissue to the ionic structure 3, which is "locked therein".
(11) Over the next 24 weeks, plasma LH concentrations of castrated birds were resistant, first to a stepwise reduction in daylength from 8 to 2 hr and later to a 2-, 4-, or 6-hr increase therein.
(12) Therein the transformed cells are supplemented and qualitatively altered towards the prevailing monocytic cells of the second step.
(13) The core sequence necessary for enhancer activity was defined therein as a 21 bp nucleotide element, which also showed autonomous replicating activity [EMBO J.
(14) These findings further verify that the observed low-frequency motion (or the so-called dominant low-frequency mode) in a protein molecule is essentially governed by the collective fluctuations of its weak bonds, especially hydrogen bonds, and the internal displacement of the massive atoms therein, as described by the quasi-continuum model.
(15) Replication may involve release of closed minicircles from the center of the kinetoplast and their migration to the peripheral structures, replication of the free minicircles therein, and then peripheral reattachment of the progeny minicircles to the kinetoplast.
(16) In June 2014, she wrote to the Times, baldly claiming that “many old people are a burden on society” .and that “people who cannot accept this argument should work for a few months in a care home where many patients are demented, incontinent, unable to care for themselves, and have no visitors.” The word “burden” is now a staple of most coverage of our ageing population, and the issues therein: most notably, the rising “ old-age dependency ratio ” which measures the number of pensioners as a proportion of those of working age and pensioners, and the question of how far NHS spending is going to stretch (How health innovations can reduce the burden of an ageing population , a Guardian headline from June last year).
(17) The latter case clearly demonstrates the fast-acting effect of the vaccine on account of the heterologous bacterial antigens contained therein.
(18) One of these mediators was identified with gamma interferon (IFN-gamma), mainly on the basis that treatment of supernatants with monoclonal anti-IFN-gamma antibodies markedly reduced the suppressive activity contained therein.
(19) Fine processes arising from their cell bodies or from the stratum 1 plexus passed through the INL to reach the OPL but did not produce long-ranging ramifications therein.
(20) The introduction of an oily retinylacetate solution into the fistula was attended both by an increase of the retinylpalmitate content in the blood plasma and the appearance therein of the retinyl-palmitat-hydrolase activity.
(adv.) With that or this.
(adv.) In addition; besides; moreover.
(adv.) At the same time; forthwith.
(1) Happiness psychosis, because of the ecstatic emotions associated therewith, often involves a direct drive to do artistic work.
(2) In vivo, they are only marginally effective in delaying MSV-induced tumor formation, and mortality associated therewith in newborn NMRI mice.
(3) This is accomplished by using the doctrine to enhance patients' education and understanding of their orthodontic problems, the benefits of corrective therapy, any risks associated therewith, and viable treatment alternatives.
(4) It is concluded that bTSH binds reversibly, saturably, and with relatively high affinity to receptors in rat testis that are either the same as receptors for hCG and LH or that interact therewith.
(5) Because of the relatively small stimulation of cardiac beta 1-receptors the side-effects related therewith are less pronounced than with other beta-mimetics.
(6) 4) Organized campaigns pointing out and returning the dignity and value of life and therewith the role of human sexuality are needed.
(7) Therewith the concentration of non-active hemoglobine derivatives dropped at the end of the preoperative management and treatment.
(8) Therewith, the differentiation by the pathologist between low-grade and high-grade malignancies is evidently clinically relevant.
(9) Possible objectives to be served by a multiple source cancer data acquistion program and some limitations associated therewith are presented.
(10) It was shown that benzodiazepines decrease the amount of L-tryptophan bound to serum albumin in vitro and in vivo and increased therewith the L-tryptophan concentration in the brain.
(11) It is also an effective inhibitor of phosphofructokinase but does not alter the cooperativity of the enzyme interaction with fructose 6-phosphate nor exhibit cooperativity in its own interaction therewith.
(12) The effect on normal soma cells and a therewith associated possible tumor-specific selectivity however, is contrarily described.
(13) The tests for mutagenicity were performed in vitro using assays both without metabolic activation and therewith, as well as with metabolic activation under in vivo conditions.
(14) SD may considerably reduce the number of circulating (antibiotic-resistant) strains in the ward and therewith significantly further reduce the chance of severe infection during periods of granulocytopenia.
(15) We conclude that pool size and input rate of deoxycholic acid can accurately be determined by blood sampling after oral administration of [24-13C]deoxycholic acid, therewith eliminating the use of radioactive tracers and the need for bile sampling.
(16) On the other hand, their submicroscopic features are strongly similar to those of the clear cell tumors found elsewhere in the female genital tract, emphasizing therewith their very probable müllerian origin.
(17) Therewith the various effects of cognitive, psychobiological, and situational factors on each other are of special significance.
(18) The obtained data are correlated with changes in the stomach mucous membrane occuring therewith.
(19) Therewith exists a stereotaxic atlas of the raccoon brain and one can realize exactly experimental investigations in the different brain structures.
(20) AzddDAPR causes a marked dose-dependent suppression of MSV-induced tumor formation and mortality therewith associated in newborn mice infected with MSV.