(1) We have studied lepromatous leprosy (LL) as a human model disease for T-cell non-responsiveness to specific mycobacterial antigens and studied the effect of rIL-4, rIL-2, rIFN-gamma and rTNF-alpha thereon.
(2) Dendritic varicosities are most frequent during the first postnatal week, and decrease in number steadily from thereon.
(3) (4) The reason for the threshold in the light requirement and the reason for the effect of permeant ions thereon are both obscure.
(4) Applications of computerized databases to the "Chemist's Review" of drug applications are presented with emphasis on the critical topics addressed in the controls review process and the time limitations imposed thereon.
(5) Ammonia toxicity and the protective effect of arginine thereon were investigated in rats after single and repeated doses of galactosamine.
(6) As2O3 was inadvertently heated in a charcoal barbecue, and the meat cooked thereon was contaminated.
(7) In 1966 the NSD formula was published and from thereon was used to adjust the total dose based on the number of fractions.
(8) We suggest that the measurement of platelet aggregation during a standard insulin stress test may provide a means of evaluating platelet function in vivo and the influence of drugs thereon.
(9) This article sets out the provisions of S.2 (1)-(3) of the Homicide Act 1957 and the judicial interpretations placed thereon and relates the importance of this section to the offence of murder and considers the province of the expert in regard to the Act and the difficulties encountered when experts interpret the words 'disease' and 'injury'.
(10) Blood ACTH, cortisol and lipid levels, as well as complamin effects thereon, were studied in 116 elderly and old coronary patients.
(11) Some evaluated the clinical implications thereon for seating and loading crowns and measured wear against different ceramic surface conditions.
(12) The amount of urea is higher during the first 4 days after birth, and it decreases thereon as the brain develops.
(13) Acquisition processes of discrete lever-press (L-type) and shuttle (S-type) avoidance responses as well as effects of psychoactive drugs thereon were investigated in dd strain mice.
(14) The transient kinetics of Gpp(NH)p activation and the effects of glucagon thereon are discussed in terms of a three state model in which the guanine nucleotide induces the formation of an intermediate transition state that displays no increase in enzyme activity over the basal state and which slowly isomerizes to a high activity state of the adenylate cyclase system; glucagon acts by accelerating the rate of isomerization.
(15) On the other hand, the value of the pressure of liquor, when used in combination with the arterial systemic pressure, permits to roughly determine the cerebral perfusion pressure and build a suitable therapy thereon.
(16) Angulation of the transducer and manual pressure thereon distort sonographic findings.
(17) If adaptation occurred and proliferation began in vitro, either immediately or after a several days' lag phase, both the ECM-cultured cells as well as those which slowly had adapted to culture on plastic could be passed on to untreated culture ware and perpetuated thereon.
(18) The Roman historian Diodorus and other ancient historians gave graphic accounts of Carthaginian child sacrifice: "There was in their city a bronze image of Cronus, extending its hands, palms up and sloping towards the ground, so that each of the children when placed thereon rolled down and fell into a sort of gaping pit filled with fire."
(19) Glucose transport and metabolism, and the effect of insulin thereon, was studied using suspensions of rat renal tubules enriched in the proximal component.
(20) The effect of Russell's viper venom (RVV) on clot formation and lysis and the effect thereon of specific antivenom for Russell's viper venom, were studied in vitro.
(adv.) Of which; of whom; formerly, also, with which; -- used relatively.
(adv.) Of what; -- used interrogatively.
(1) Whereof one cannot speak thereof we must pass over in silence and all that.
(2) In token whereof I have hereunto set my hand this tenth day of December, 1936, in the presence of the witnesses whose signatures are subscribed.
(3) The amendment’s first section reads: “Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.” Facebook Twitter Pinterest Donald Trump during a campaign rally in Warren, Michigan, March 2016.
(4) The effect of 21 chemical substances was investigated whereof 7 compounds was determined as effective fading-inhibitors.
(5) Consequently, we conclude, that a policy followed in the serodiagnostic Western-Blot of human AIDS should also be adopted for the interpretation of the EIA Western-Blot, namely to declare as positive merely horse sera which evidence more than one single band, whereof at least one band should represent a viral glycoprotein.
(6) Serwotka, 46, who grew up in the South Wales valleys, knows whereof he speaks: he left school at 16, with five painfully acquired O-levels, and went to work for a benefit office in Aberdare.
(7) The Cainguá (Mbŷá) have preserved a singular theology whereof the comprehension makes possible an approach to the real being within that culture.
(8) Pancreatic enzyme substitution may principally be used in few indications, whereof most of them are only relative.
(9) Treatment was required in 39 cases whereof 18 were placed under observation only.
(10) Consequently, a prospective study of symptoms and endoscopy and biopsy interpretation was undertaken in 200 patients consecutively submitted to upper endoscopy, whereof 12 were excluded.
(11) Stone removal was successful in 82% of the cases whereof the stones were pushed back into the renal pelvis and subsequently managed with percutaneous nephrolithotomy or extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy in 24%.
(12) Bobbitt, we can assume, knows whereof he speaks: he has shot all three of McQueen's features – Hunger, Shame and now 12 Years a Slave – as well as five of McQueen's gallery shorts, dating back to 2002's Western Deep , shot in South Africa inside the world's deepest gold mine.
(13) Four patients had misalignments of up to 15 degrees, whereof three of them had combined varus-recurvation-angulations without functional or cosmetic sequelae.
(14) The total of 1154 identified samples consisted mainly of ruminants (37%, whereof bushbuck represented 57%), hippopotamus (34%), and monitor lizard (19%).
(15) The title refers to the 13th Amendment to the US Constitution: “Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States.” For the new British black film-making hope, Adesunloye, access to funds and exposure remain the key issues, even with a voguish new transatlantic interest in telling the story of the African diaspora.
(16) Report on 370 dyslexics, whereof 281 can be evaluated.
(17) Iscoms containing the fusion protein of measles virus induced T cell clones in mice whereof one, after adoptive transfer, protected mice against intracerebral challenge infection.
(18) Gillen's character, Petyr Baelish, certainly knows whereof he speaks.