(1) We have studied lepromatous leprosy (LL) as a human model disease for T-cell non-responsiveness to specific mycobacterial antigens and studied the effect of rIL-4, rIL-2, rIFN-gamma and rTNF-alpha thereon.
(2) Dendritic varicosities are most frequent during the first postnatal week, and decrease in number steadily from thereon.
(3) (4) The reason for the threshold in the light requirement and the reason for the effect of permeant ions thereon are both obscure.
(4) Applications of computerized databases to the "Chemist's Review" of drug applications are presented with emphasis on the critical topics addressed in the controls review process and the time limitations imposed thereon.
(5) Ammonia toxicity and the protective effect of arginine thereon were investigated in rats after single and repeated doses of galactosamine.
(6) As2O3 was inadvertently heated in a charcoal barbecue, and the meat cooked thereon was contaminated.
(7) In 1966 the NSD formula was published and from thereon was used to adjust the total dose based on the number of fractions.
(8) We suggest that the measurement of platelet aggregation during a standard insulin stress test may provide a means of evaluating platelet function in vivo and the influence of drugs thereon.
(9) This article sets out the provisions of S.2 (1)-(3) of the Homicide Act 1957 and the judicial interpretations placed thereon and relates the importance of this section to the offence of murder and considers the province of the expert in regard to the Act and the difficulties encountered when experts interpret the words 'disease' and 'injury'.
(10) Blood ACTH, cortisol and lipid levels, as well as complamin effects thereon, were studied in 116 elderly and old coronary patients.
(11) Some evaluated the clinical implications thereon for seating and loading crowns and measured wear against different ceramic surface conditions.
(12) The amount of urea is higher during the first 4 days after birth, and it decreases thereon as the brain develops.
(13) Acquisition processes of discrete lever-press (L-type) and shuttle (S-type) avoidance responses as well as effects of psychoactive drugs thereon were investigated in dd strain mice.
(14) The transient kinetics of Gpp(NH)p activation and the effects of glucagon thereon are discussed in terms of a three state model in which the guanine nucleotide induces the formation of an intermediate transition state that displays no increase in enzyme activity over the basal state and which slowly isomerizes to a high activity state of the adenylate cyclase system; glucagon acts by accelerating the rate of isomerization.
(15) On the other hand, the value of the pressure of liquor, when used in combination with the arterial systemic pressure, permits to roughly determine the cerebral perfusion pressure and build a suitable therapy thereon.
(16) Angulation of the transducer and manual pressure thereon distort sonographic findings.
(17) If adaptation occurred and proliferation began in vitro, either immediately or after a several days' lag phase, both the ECM-cultured cells as well as those which slowly had adapted to culture on plastic could be passed on to untreated culture ware and perpetuated thereon.
(18) The Roman historian Diodorus and other ancient historians gave graphic accounts of Carthaginian child sacrifice: "There was in their city a bronze image of Cronus, extending its hands, palms up and sloping towards the ground, so that each of the children when placed thereon rolled down and fell into a sort of gaping pit filled with fire."
(19) Glucose transport and metabolism, and the effect of insulin thereon, was studied using suspensions of rat renal tubules enriched in the proximal component.
(20) The effect of Russell's viper venom (RVV) on clot formation and lysis and the effect thereon of specific antivenom for Russell's viper venom, were studied in vitro.
(adv.) Upon which; in consequence of which; after which.
(1) The animals were killed after an abstinence of 4 weeks, whereupon the concentrations of noradrenaline (NA), dopamine (DA), serotonin (5-HT) and 5-hydroxyindole acetic acid (5-HIAA) were determined in the frontal cortex.
(2) Whereupon Madonna's PR guy Trevor Neilson (who doesn't seem to be too great at his job judging by the way in which a routine baby-hugging photo-op has descended into a hilarious international shitshow) hit back, giving quotes to The Globe and Mail reporter Geoffrey York.
(3) The hormone-receptor complexes are then translocated to the nucleus, in an "activated" form, whereupon they are bound to the target cell genome.
(4) Thresholds for the response are near 0.05 mA and the stimulus intensity curve is linear to 0.4 mA whereupon the pressure rise and tachycardia begin to approach a plateau value.
(5) In three patients, carbamazepine was withdrawn, whereupon the deposits disappeared in two and decreased in the third, who changed to another drug.
(6) The first of them came after 90 seconds, when, taking a free kick from the edge of the penalty box, his feint drew Johnston aside in the wall, whereupon Hidegkuti shot through the gap, to beat Gil Merrick, an erratic keeper that day.
(7) After observing a couple of weeks of bickering over who would get what time, we threatened to remove them again, whereupon the boys negotiated with each other and came up with an equitable time-sharing agreement.
(8) The scheme is as follows; phosphatidylcholine associated with high density lipoproteins exchanges with the erythrocyte membrane phospholipids, the neutral phospholipids undergo two dimensional translational and rotational motion and also flip between each layer of the bilayer thus becoming exposed to an intracellularly-located phospholipase-D, whereupon the choline is hydrolysed and released into the intracellular milieu.
(9) Nitrogen balances were not significantly different unless analysis of covariance was used to adjust for the nitrogen intakes, whereupon all treatment groups showed improved balance, especially the animals treated with the low IGF-I dose and des(1-3)IGF-I (both P less than 0.01).
(10) The ether phospholipid platelet-activating factor (PAF) has been generally assumed to be released into the extracellular environment by the cells of origin, whereupon it effects its well-known mediator functions.
(11) Whereupon Gore uttered the immortal phrase: "But what about the Dingle-Norwood bill?"
(12) Severe leucopenia was observed in 2 patients, whereupon therapy was definitely withdrawn.
(13) Whereupon Gove went back into his customary role of baiting Hunt for making up Labour's education policy on the hoof.
(14) We report a case of a 20-year-ol women whose pineal region tumour was irradiated, whereupon a unilateral low-frequency resting and intention tremor developed.
(15) In the disk, the region proximal to the RNA binding site is in a random coil until the RNA binds, whereupon the 24 residues involved build a well-defined structure, thereby encapsulating the RNA.
(16) The latter increased again rapidly to rates above normal until antigen expression reached normal level, whereupon the protein synthesis rate decreased to normal.
(17) The temperature of dispersions caused no increase in CF release until the gel-to-liquid crystalline transition temperature was exceeded (54.6 degrees C), whereupon a 20% increase in leakage was observed after 80 min of nebulization.
(18) The key step in the preparation of 15 was the epoxide-ring opening of methyl 2,3-anhydro-4-O-benzyl-6-deoxy-alpha-L-gulopyranoside with KHF2 in ethylene glycol, whereupon 2-fluoro-alpha-L-idopyranoside was obtained.
(19) It is concluded that inhibition of thrombin adsorbed on the heparin surface occurs as follows: Added AT adheres to high affinity heparin fragments on the surface whereupon adsorbed thrombin migrates in the hydrophilic heparin coating towards the reaction site of AT and becomes inhibited.
(20) They made the second round for the first time in 2002, whereupon a combined South Korea & Matchday Officials outfit breezed past Italy and Spain to make the semis.