(1) Happiness psychosis, because of the ecstatic emotions associated therewith, often involves a direct drive to do artistic work.
(2) In vivo, they are only marginally effective in delaying MSV-induced tumor formation, and mortality associated therewith in newborn NMRI mice.
(3) This is accomplished by using the doctrine to enhance patients' education and understanding of their orthodontic problems, the benefits of corrective therapy, any risks associated therewith, and viable treatment alternatives.
(4) It is concluded that bTSH binds reversibly, saturably, and with relatively high affinity to receptors in rat testis that are either the same as receptors for hCG and LH or that interact therewith.
(5) Because of the relatively small stimulation of cardiac beta 1-receptors the side-effects related therewith are less pronounced than with other beta-mimetics.
(6) 4) Organized campaigns pointing out and returning the dignity and value of life and therewith the role of human sexuality are needed.
(7) Therewith the concentration of non-active hemoglobine derivatives dropped at the end of the preoperative management and treatment.
(8) Therewith, the differentiation by the pathologist between low-grade and high-grade malignancies is evidently clinically relevant.
(9) Possible objectives to be served by a multiple source cancer data acquistion program and some limitations associated therewith are presented.
(10) It was shown that benzodiazepines decrease the amount of L-tryptophan bound to serum albumin in vitro and in vivo and increased therewith the L-tryptophan concentration in the brain.
(11) It is also an effective inhibitor of phosphofructokinase but does not alter the cooperativity of the enzyme interaction with fructose 6-phosphate nor exhibit cooperativity in its own interaction therewith.
(12) The effect on normal soma cells and a therewith associated possible tumor-specific selectivity however, is contrarily described.
(13) The tests for mutagenicity were performed in vitro using assays both without metabolic activation and therewith, as well as with metabolic activation under in vivo conditions.
(14) SD may considerably reduce the number of circulating (antibiotic-resistant) strains in the ward and therewith significantly further reduce the chance of severe infection during periods of granulocytopenia.
(15) We conclude that pool size and input rate of deoxycholic acid can accurately be determined by blood sampling after oral administration of [24-13C]deoxycholic acid, therewith eliminating the use of radioactive tracers and the need for bile sampling.
(16) On the other hand, their submicroscopic features are strongly similar to those of the clear cell tumors found elsewhere in the female genital tract, emphasizing therewith their very probable müllerian origin.
(17) Therewith the various effects of cognitive, psychobiological, and situational factors on each other are of special significance.
(18) The obtained data are correlated with changes in the stomach mucous membrane occuring therewith.
(19) Therewith exists a stereotaxic atlas of the raccoon brain and one can realize exactly experimental investigations in the different brain structures.
(20) AzddDAPR causes a marked dose-dependent suppression of MSV-induced tumor formation and mortality therewith associated in newborn mice infected with MSV.
(adv.) By which; -- used relatively.
(adv.) By what; how; -- used interrogatively.
(1) Together these observations suggest that cytotactin is an endogenous cell surface modulatory protein and provide a possible mechanism whereby cytotactin may contribute to pattern formation during development, regeneration, tumorigenesis, and wound healing.
(2) The method described uses film DOT-I and DOT-II by Dupont, whereby the exposure of the step wedge takes place on a linear accelerator with a photo energy of 10 MeV.
(3) The present data support the hypothesis whereby weakly oncogenic B-ecotropic viruses similar to those activated by radiation might be involved in the development of TL.
(4) Indications of precautions to be taken are defined and suggestions are drawn up whereby residual laxity in extension may be limited.
(5) Mechanisms are suggested whereby rudimentary appetitive programs already encoded along facing dendrite membrane pairs within the specialized intrafascicular milieu, may trigger and control nipple search and suckling in the still blind and only primitively mobile neonate.
(6) Because the mechanism whereby Shigella dysenteriae I enterotoxin induces intestinal secretion is unclear, the effect of this toxin on adenylate cyclase activity in rabbit ileal mucosa was studied under various in vitro and in vivo conditions.
(7) Completely unknown is the mechanism whereby NADH oxidation and growth or growth control may be coupled.
(8) Possible mechanisms whereby proteolytic cleavage of VP2 may enhance the infectivity and HA activity of BTV 20 are discussed.
(9) A simplified procedure is described whereby tissue is removed via a posterior eyelid approach so that the eyelid may be tightened both horizontally and vertically, thus inverting the punctum and fixating it in the lacrimal lake.
(10) The authors describe several recent court cases in which judges have ignored or distorted acceptable clinical practices, conceivably creating a new liability standard whereby a tragic outcome is considered the result of failure to apply appropriate judgment.
(11) Since the temperature of the monkey was unchanged as long as the physiological ratio of sodium to calcium in the perfusion fluid remained constant, we conclude that the balance between these two essential cations within the brain stem could determine the neural mechanism whereby the set-point for body temperature of the primate is established.
(12) Physical disruption of the gut mucosal barrier appears to be the primary mechanism whereby endotoxin promotes bacterial translocation.
(13) That does not translate magically into a conflict of interest whereby the interests of these lawyers is suddenly contrary to those of the defendants,” Ryan argued to Pohl.
(14) Our aim was to determine the mechanism whereby oligohydroamnios causes reduced fetal lung expansion and eventual lung hypoplasia.
(15) This requires multiple insulin injections, whereby 60 to 70% of the total daily insulin amount are administered as preprandial boli of short or intermediate acting insulin.
(16) That would mark a controversial break from its existing policy, whereby the ECB offsets bond purchases by draining liquidity from the system in separate operations.
(17) Chilcot has now embarked on the “Maxwellisation process”, whereby those the inquiry intends to criticise will be sent draft passages of the report for comment.
(18) The mechanism whereby deferoxamine (DF) inhibits the growth of malaria parasites was studied in rats infected with Plasmodium berghei.
(19) K+ release from 2-10 min minus initial K+ uptake) increased from 0.1 to 2.2 mumol X g-1 liver, whereby simultaneously the alanine tissue level rose from 6.8 to 13.3 mumol X g-1 (corresponding to an increase of the intracellular alanine concentration from about 12 to 25 mM) in presence of aminooxyacetate.
(20) Ultrastructural investigations involved a novel method whereby thick sections of gluteraldehyde-fixed material were cut on a vibratome and then labelled using slight modifications of a standard unlabelled antibody-enzyme (PAP) technique, before further processing.