(1) Happiness psychosis, because of the ecstatic emotions associated therewith, often involves a direct drive to do artistic work.
(2) In vivo, they are only marginally effective in delaying MSV-induced tumor formation, and mortality associated therewith in newborn NMRI mice.
(3) This is accomplished by using the doctrine to enhance patients' education and understanding of their orthodontic problems, the benefits of corrective therapy, any risks associated therewith, and viable treatment alternatives.
(4) It is concluded that bTSH binds reversibly, saturably, and with relatively high affinity to receptors in rat testis that are either the same as receptors for hCG and LH or that interact therewith.
(5) Because of the relatively small stimulation of cardiac beta 1-receptors the side-effects related therewith are less pronounced than with other beta-mimetics.
(6) 4) Organized campaigns pointing out and returning the dignity and value of life and therewith the role of human sexuality are needed.
(7) Therewith the concentration of non-active hemoglobine derivatives dropped at the end of the preoperative management and treatment.
(8) Therewith, the differentiation by the pathologist between low-grade and high-grade malignancies is evidently clinically relevant.
(9) Possible objectives to be served by a multiple source cancer data acquistion program and some limitations associated therewith are presented.
(10) It was shown that benzodiazepines decrease the amount of L-tryptophan bound to serum albumin in vitro and in vivo and increased therewith the L-tryptophan concentration in the brain.
(11) It is also an effective inhibitor of phosphofructokinase but does not alter the cooperativity of the enzyme interaction with fructose 6-phosphate nor exhibit cooperativity in its own interaction therewith.
(12) The effect on normal soma cells and a therewith associated possible tumor-specific selectivity however, is contrarily described.
(13) The tests for mutagenicity were performed in vitro using assays both without metabolic activation and therewith, as well as with metabolic activation under in vivo conditions.
(14) SD may considerably reduce the number of circulating (antibiotic-resistant) strains in the ward and therewith significantly further reduce the chance of severe infection during periods of granulocytopenia.
(15) We conclude that pool size and input rate of deoxycholic acid can accurately be determined by blood sampling after oral administration of [24-13C]deoxycholic acid, therewith eliminating the use of radioactive tracers and the need for bile sampling.
(16) On the other hand, their submicroscopic features are strongly similar to those of the clear cell tumors found elsewhere in the female genital tract, emphasizing therewith their very probable müllerian origin.
(17) Therewith the various effects of cognitive, psychobiological, and situational factors on each other are of special significance.
(18) The obtained data are correlated with changes in the stomach mucous membrane occuring therewith.
(19) Therewith exists a stereotaxic atlas of the raccoon brain and one can realize exactly experimental investigations in the different brain structures.
(20) AzddDAPR causes a marked dose-dependent suppression of MSV-induced tumor formation and mortality therewith associated in newborn mice infected with MSV.
(adv.) Upon which; in consequence of which; after which.
(1) The animals were killed after an abstinence of 4 weeks, whereupon the concentrations of noradrenaline (NA), dopamine (DA), serotonin (5-HT) and 5-hydroxyindole acetic acid (5-HIAA) were determined in the frontal cortex.
(2) Whereupon Madonna's PR guy Trevor Neilson (who doesn't seem to be too great at his job judging by the way in which a routine baby-hugging photo-op has descended into a hilarious international shitshow) hit back, giving quotes to The Globe and Mail reporter Geoffrey York.
(3) The hormone-receptor complexes are then translocated to the nucleus, in an "activated" form, whereupon they are bound to the target cell genome.
(4) Thresholds for the response are near 0.05 mA and the stimulus intensity curve is linear to 0.4 mA whereupon the pressure rise and tachycardia begin to approach a plateau value.
(5) In three patients, carbamazepine was withdrawn, whereupon the deposits disappeared in two and decreased in the third, who changed to another drug.
(6) The first of them came after 90 seconds, when, taking a free kick from the edge of the penalty box, his feint drew Johnston aside in the wall, whereupon Hidegkuti shot through the gap, to beat Gil Merrick, an erratic keeper that day.
(7) After observing a couple of weeks of bickering over who would get what time, we threatened to remove them again, whereupon the boys negotiated with each other and came up with an equitable time-sharing agreement.
(8) The scheme is as follows; phosphatidylcholine associated with high density lipoproteins exchanges with the erythrocyte membrane phospholipids, the neutral phospholipids undergo two dimensional translational and rotational motion and also flip between each layer of the bilayer thus becoming exposed to an intracellularly-located phospholipase-D, whereupon the choline is hydrolysed and released into the intracellular milieu.
(9) Nitrogen balances were not significantly different unless analysis of covariance was used to adjust for the nitrogen intakes, whereupon all treatment groups showed improved balance, especially the animals treated with the low IGF-I dose and des(1-3)IGF-I (both P less than 0.01).
(10) The ether phospholipid platelet-activating factor (PAF) has been generally assumed to be released into the extracellular environment by the cells of origin, whereupon it effects its well-known mediator functions.
(11) Whereupon Gore uttered the immortal phrase: "But what about the Dingle-Norwood bill?"
(12) Severe leucopenia was observed in 2 patients, whereupon therapy was definitely withdrawn.
(13) Whereupon Gove went back into his customary role of baiting Hunt for making up Labour's education policy on the hoof.
(14) We report a case of a 20-year-ol women whose pineal region tumour was irradiated, whereupon a unilateral low-frequency resting and intention tremor developed.
(15) In the disk, the region proximal to the RNA binding site is in a random coil until the RNA binds, whereupon the 24 residues involved build a well-defined structure, thereby encapsulating the RNA.
(16) The latter increased again rapidly to rates above normal until antigen expression reached normal level, whereupon the protein synthesis rate decreased to normal.
(17) The temperature of dispersions caused no increase in CF release until the gel-to-liquid crystalline transition temperature was exceeded (54.6 degrees C), whereupon a 20% increase in leakage was observed after 80 min of nebulization.
(18) The key step in the preparation of 15 was the epoxide-ring opening of methyl 2,3-anhydro-4-O-benzyl-6-deoxy-alpha-L-gulopyranoside with KHF2 in ethylene glycol, whereupon 2-fluoro-alpha-L-idopyranoside was obtained.
(19) It is concluded that inhibition of thrombin adsorbed on the heparin surface occurs as follows: Added AT adheres to high affinity heparin fragments on the surface whereupon adsorbed thrombin migrates in the hydrophilic heparin coating towards the reaction site of AT and becomes inhibited.
(20) They made the second round for the first time in 2002, whereupon a combined South Korea & Matchday Officials outfit breezed past Italy and Spain to make the semis.