(conj.) Considering that; it being the case that; since; -- used to introduce a preamble which is the basis of declarations, affirmations, commands, requests, or like, that follow.
(conj.) When in fact; while on the contrary; the case being in truth that; although; -- implying opposition to something that precedes; or implying recognition of facts, sometimes followed by a different statement, and sometimes by inferences or something consequent.
(1) This trend appeared to reverse itself in the low dose animals after 3 hr, whereas in the high dose group, cardiac output continued to decline.
(2) Patients with papillary carcinoma with a good cell-mediated immune response occurred with much lower infiltration of the tumor boundary with lymphocyte whereas the follicular carcinoma less cell-mediated immunity was associated with dense lymphocytic infiltration, suggesting the biological relevance of lymphocytic infiltration may be different for the two histologic variants.
(3) There was appreciable variation in toothbrush wear among subjects, some reducing their brush to a poor state in 2 weeks whereas with others the brush was rated as "good" after 10 weeks.
(4) The most actively proliferating region of the excurrent duct system is zone 3 of the epididymis, whereas the least active region is the ductuli efferentes.
(5) The newborn with critical AS typically presents with severe cardiac failure and the infant with moderate failure, whereas children may be asymptomatic.
(6) F(420) is photolabile aerobically in neutral and basic solutions, whereas the acid-stable chromophore is not photolabile under these conditions.
(7) Application of 40 microM NiCl2 reversibly blocked It while leaving Is intact, whereas 20 microM CdCl2 reversibly blocked Is, but not It.
(8) When micF was cloned into a high-copy-number plasmid it repressed ompF gene expression, whereas when cloned into a low-copy-number plasmid it did not.
(9) Ethanol and L-ethionine induce acute steatosis without necrosis, whereas azaserine, carbon tetrachloride, and D-galactosamine are known to produce steatosis with varying degrees of hepatic necrosis.
(10) Whereas strain Ga-1 was practically avirulent for mice, strain KL-1 produced death by 21 days in 50% of the mice inoculated.
(11) Eighty-two per cent of patients with falciparum malaria had recently returned from Africa whereas 82% with vivax malaria had visited Asia.
(12) The results indicate that OA-bearing macrophages primed T cells and generated helper T cells, whereas the culture of normal lymphocytes with soluble OA in the absence of macrophages generated suppressor T cells.
(13) After midazolam infusion, there was a 50% decrease in amplitude of P3 in response to target tones (P less than 0.006), whereas N3 latency increased by 40 ms (P less than 0.05).
(14) Maximal yields of lipid and aflatoxin were obtained with 30% glucose, whereas mold growth, expressed as dry weight, was maximal when the medium contained 10% glucose.
(15) Epidermal growth factor reduced plating efficiency by about 50% for A431 cells in different cell cycle phases whereas a slight increase in plating efficiency was seen for SiHa cells.
(16) Peak Expiratory Flow and Forced Expiratory Mean Flows in the ranges 0-25%, 25-50% and 50-75% of Forced Vital Capacity were significantly reduced in animals exposed to gasoline exhaust fumes, whereas the group exposed to ethanol exhaust fumes did not differ from the control group.
(17) When the eye was dissected into anterior uveal, scleral, and retinal complexes, prostaglandin D2 was formed in the highest degree in all the complexes, whereas prostaglandin E2 and F2 alpha formation was specific to given ocular regions.
(18) This mAb inhibited monocyte binding of both soluble FITC-labeled IgA and IgA-coated E, whereas it did not inhibit IgG binding.
(19) Chloroquine induced large cytoplasmic vacuoles, whereas the other drugs (quinacrine, 4,4'-diethylaminoethoxyhexestrol, chlorphentermine, iprindole, 1-chloro-amitriptyline, clomipramine) caused formation of lamellated or crystalloid inclusions as usually seen in drug-induced lipidosis.
(20) hypoglossal nucleus), whereas in other areas the angiotensinogen gene was expressed only in a certain population of glial cells.
(adv.) Of which; of whom; formerly, also, with which; -- used relatively.
(adv.) Of what; -- used interrogatively.
(1) Whereof one cannot speak thereof we must pass over in silence and all that.
(2) In token whereof I have hereunto set my hand this tenth day of December, 1936, in the presence of the witnesses whose signatures are subscribed.
(3) The amendment’s first section reads: “Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.” Facebook Twitter Pinterest Donald Trump during a campaign rally in Warren, Michigan, March 2016.
(4) The effect of 21 chemical substances was investigated whereof 7 compounds was determined as effective fading-inhibitors.
(5) Consequently, we conclude, that a policy followed in the serodiagnostic Western-Blot of human AIDS should also be adopted for the interpretation of the EIA Western-Blot, namely to declare as positive merely horse sera which evidence more than one single band, whereof at least one band should represent a viral glycoprotein.
(6) Serwotka, 46, who grew up in the South Wales valleys, knows whereof he speaks: he left school at 16, with five painfully acquired O-levels, and went to work for a benefit office in Aberdare.
(7) The Cainguá (Mbŷá) have preserved a singular theology whereof the comprehension makes possible an approach to the real being within that culture.
(8) Pancreatic enzyme substitution may principally be used in few indications, whereof most of them are only relative.
(9) Treatment was required in 39 cases whereof 18 were placed under observation only.
(10) Consequently, a prospective study of symptoms and endoscopy and biopsy interpretation was undertaken in 200 patients consecutively submitted to upper endoscopy, whereof 12 were excluded.
(11) Stone removal was successful in 82% of the cases whereof the stones were pushed back into the renal pelvis and subsequently managed with percutaneous nephrolithotomy or extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy in 24%.
(12) Bobbitt, we can assume, knows whereof he speaks: he has shot all three of McQueen's features – Hunger, Shame and now 12 Years a Slave – as well as five of McQueen's gallery shorts, dating back to 2002's Western Deep , shot in South Africa inside the world's deepest gold mine.
(13) Four patients had misalignments of up to 15 degrees, whereof three of them had combined varus-recurvation-angulations without functional or cosmetic sequelae.
(14) The total of 1154 identified samples consisted mainly of ruminants (37%, whereof bushbuck represented 57%), hippopotamus (34%), and monitor lizard (19%).
(15) The title refers to the 13th Amendment to the US Constitution: “Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States.” For the new British black film-making hope, Adesunloye, access to funds and exposure remain the key issues, even with a voguish new transatlantic interest in telling the story of the African diaspora.
(16) Report on 370 dyslexics, whereof 281 can be evaluated.
(17) Iscoms containing the fusion protein of measles virus induced T cell clones in mice whereof one, after adoptive transfer, protected mice against intracerebral challenge infection.
(18) Gillen's character, Petyr Baelish, certainly knows whereof he speaks.