(a.) Contained within limits; hence, having the desires limited by that which one has; not disposed to repine or grumble; satisfied; contented; at rest.
(n.) That which is contained; the thing or things held by a receptacle or included within specified limits; as, the contents of a cask or bale or of a room; the contents of a book.
(n.) Power of containing; capacity; extent; size.
(n.) Area or quantity of space or matter contained within certain limits; as, solid contents; superficial contents.
(a.) To satisfy the desires of; to make easy in any situation; to appease or quiet; to gratify; to please.
(a.) To satisfy the expectations of; to pay; to requite.
(n.) Rest or quietness of the mind in one's present condition; freedom from discontent; satisfaction; contentment; moderate happiness.
(n.) Acquiescence without examination.
(n.) That which contents or satisfies; that which if attained would make one happy.
(n.) An expression of assent to a bill or motion; an affirmative vote; also, a member who votes "Content.".
(1) Standardization is possible after correction by the protein content of each individual section.
(2) One hour after direct mechanical cardiomassage (DMCM) a moderately pronounced edema of the intercellular spaces in the basal compartment of the seminiferous epithelium, normal content of lactate and succinate dehydrogenases, and a certain decrease in the activity of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenases and NAD- and NADP-diaphorases were noted.
(3) Spectrophotometric determination of the sulfhydryl content in the animal tissue before (control) and after using 6,6'-Dithiodinicotinic acid is applied.
(4) Although Jeggo's Chinese hamster ovary cells were more responsive to mAMSA, novo still abrogated mAMSA toxicity in the mutant cells as well as in the parental Chinese hamster ovary cells 2,4-Dinitrophenol acted similarly to novo with respect to mAMSA killing, but neither compound reduced the ATP content of V79 cells.
(5) The content of the cavities was not stained by any of the immunocytochemical reactions applied.
(6) However, decapitation did not eliminate the sex difference in the tissue content of P4 during control incubations.
(7) Content of cyclic nucleoside monophosphates was decreased in all the eye tissues in experimental toxico-allergic uveitis as well as penetration of cAMP into the fluid of anterior chamber of the eye.
(8) The ATP content of the cholinergic electromotor nerves of Torpedo marmorata has been measured.
(9) In addition to the changes associated with blood group A, we also found a decrease in sugar content, alterations in other antigens, and changes in the levels of several glycosyltransferases in cancerous tissues.
(10) Past imaging techniques shown in the courtroom have made the conventional rules of evidence more difficult because of the different informational content and format required for presentation of these data.
(11) Arteries treated with atrial natriuretic peptide showed no alterations in relaxation or cGMP content after incubation with pertussis toxin.
(12) A chronic cannulation procedure is described which allows for sampling vomeronasal organ (VNO) contents repeatedly in freely moving conscious subjects.
(13) There was however no difference in the cross-sectional studies and no significant deleterious effect detected of tobacco use on forearm bone mineral content.
(14) The present study was designed to test the hypothesis that the decreased Epi response following ET was due to 1) depletion of adrenal Epi content such that adrenomedullary stimulation would not release Epi, 2) decreased Epi release with direct stimulation, i.e., desensitization of release, or 3) decreased afferent signals generated by ET itself.
(15) The intensity of the type III specific peptide bands correlates with the type III content of the samples.
(16) Stimulation of atrial H1-receptors is suggested to directly cause an increase in Ca-channel conductance independent of intracellular cAMP content.
(17) "With hyperspectral imaging, you can tell the chemical content of a cake just by taking a photo of it.
(18) We assessed changes in brain water content, as reflected by changes in tissue density, during the early recirculation period following severe forebrain ischemia.
(19) Proving that not all teens are content with being part of a purely digital community, Adele Mayr attended a YouTube meet-up in London’s Hyde Park.
(20) The aim of this study was to describe the contents of daily reports in two homes for the aged.
(n.) A person habitually lazy, idle, and inactive; a drone.
(a.) Sluggish; lazy.
(1) In Proverbs, King Solomon had some advice for those rushing into print with ill-informed opinions: "Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise."